The center of excellence of SEITS (Smart Energy IT Systems) analyses, models, designs and develops information systems for the energy industry in the context of Smart Market and Smart Grid. The team develops solutions in several research projects for energy generation networks of virtual power plants as well as for the rollout and implementation of smart meters. SEITS cooperates with universities, research institutes and industry partners within the Energy Metropolis of Leipzig as well as with national and international partners.
Goals of the research department
- development of models, methods and applications in the context of the energy industry
- process optimization in the energy industry by smart applications
- development and implementation of process engines for mapping, optimizing and automating company processes
- development of mobile solutions and their backend connection to prevent media breaks
- development of mathematical methods and models for the definition and optimization of energy consumption